Support bioinformatician and data steward.
My name is Christos Christou. I studied Molecular Biology at university as an undergraduate and went on to do PhD in Bioinformatics. I am interested in large scale high-throughput analysis of omics data and I have expertise in R and Python.
- Data management support for departmental research staff, facilitating the publication of life science data in FAIR public repositories
- Data analysis support for departmental staff
- Development of data workflow
- Training of staff and students in data analysis and data management including writing DMPs
Common data problems I encounter
- What are the data retention policies for my country?
- Where can data be stored during the project? (considering size of data and who has access rights)
- Where should data be archived once the project is complete? (considering size of data and who has access rights)
- In which public respository should I deposit my data?
- What metadata and community standards (controlled vocabularies and ontologies) need to be captured to enable me to FAIR-publish in public repositories?
- How to I best capture those processes involved in creating and processing my data (workflow and analysis pipelines)?
- What DM tools should/could be used for the different stages during the RDM life cycle (including the management of metadata)?
- What are suitable compute resources for analysing my data?
- What DMP templates and tools could be used for my project?
- How do I know if my data is sensitive/personal and how would I work with data of this type?